- Classes last 30 minutes (25 minutes of instruction)
- Additional Information Coming Soon!
Snowplow Sam 1
Beginner class for ages 3 –5
Standing, the proper way to fall & get up, marching in place, marching forward, two-foot glide, dip in place.
Snowplow Sam 2
March into a two-foot glide, moving dip, backward wiggles, forward swizzles, two-foot hop.
Snowplow Sam 3
Forward skating, forward one-foot glides, forward swizzles, backward swizzles, snowplow stop, forward slaloms.
Snowplow Sam 4
Forward skating, backward two-foot glides, backward swizzles, rocking horse, two-foot turns forwards and backward, two-foot hop in place.
Once all three Snowplow Sam classes are complete the skater will go to the appropriate Basic level.
Beginner class for ages 6 – 15
Sit on ice to standing up, March forward, forward 2-foot glide, dip, forward swizzles, backward wiggles, snowplow stop, two-foot hop in place.
Scooter pushes, Forward one-foot glide, backward two-foot glide, rocking horse, backward swizzles, 2-foot forward to backward, moving snowplow stop, Curves.
Forward stroking, swizzle pumps on the circle, moving 2-foot turns, backward one-foot glides, forward slalom, backward snowplow stop.
Forward crossovers, forward outside and inside edges on a circle, backward 1-foot glide, 2-foot spin, backward swizzle pumps.
Backward edges on a circle, backward crossovers, hockey stop, forward outside 3-turns, advanced 2-foot spin.
Forward inside three-turns, moving backward to forward 2-foot turns, t-stop on both feet, forward spiral, bunny hop, backward stroking, beginning one-foot spin.
Mohawks, backward to forward transitions, landing position, advanced 1-foot spin, mazurka, waltz jump.
After completing Pre-Freeskate, skaters will advance to Pre-Freeskate or the Freeskate Training Program
Beginner class for ages 16 and up
Fall and recovery to standing up, forward marching, two-foot glide, forward swizzles, stops, and more.
Forward stoking, one-foot glides, pumps on a circle, backward glides, backward swizzles, slalom, two-foot turns, and more.
Advanced Forward Stroking, forward half swizzle pumps, backward two-foot glide, moving forward to backward and backward to forward, backward snowplow stop.
Forward inside and outside edges, forward crossovers, backward one-foot glide, backward half swizzle pumps, hockey stop.
Backward outside and inside edges, backward crossovers, forward outside three turns, forward swing rolls beginning two-foot spin.
Forward stroking with crossovers, backward stroking, forward inside three turns, t-stop on both sides, forward outside to inside change of edges on a line, lunge, two-foot spin into a one-foot spin.
After completing Adult 6, skaters will advance to the Pre-Freeskate Training Program.
Open to all skaters who have completed Basic 1, Adult 1, or Snowplow 4
Introduction to basic hockey skills, such as basic hockey stride, balance, agility, coordination, games. Helmets and gear optional; no pucks.
Advances into Learn to Play Hockey Program.
*Edge Power & Conditioning Class
Tuesdays and Saturdays
For skaters levels Basic 6 or Adult 6 and above to increase speed and power while working on proper skating technique and endurance. A great Cardio workout!
One-on-one skating classes for those with special needs.
Benefits While Enrolled (Included in Enrollment Price)
- Learn quickly from a knowlegeable and experienced coaching team
- Eight group skating lessons (make new friends and skating partners)
- Skates (figure or hockey style) provided by Spirit Ice for both classes and practice
- Free admission and skate rental for the Public Session proceeding the Tuesday classes
- Free admission and skate rental for the Public Session following the Saturday classes
- Unlimited $7.00 Public skating sessions (a 50% SAVINGS!)
- Bring a friend for any Public skating for half price admission
- Skater Reward Card – Skate 7 Paid Public sessions and get one free!
- Makeup Privilages (within 8 week session) for up to 2 missed classes
- 10% re-enrollment discount for consecutive re-enrollments
- Discounted entry fees for Skating Exhibitions