Spirit Ice Arena Figure Skating classes are great for everyone that has an interest in the sport of Figure Skating. We offer a comprehensive program to create a strong foundation for future and current Figure Skating professionals. These programs are for skaters that have completed Basic 6 and Pre-Freeskate in the Learn to Skate program. These programs offer training in skills ranging from Free skate through Preliminary, Juvenile, Intermediate, Novice, to Senior.
In these classes, your figure skating instructors will teach skaters how to perform correctly and safely. These classes and private lessons complement each other, serving as a building block foundation for a skater’s figure skating career.
Beginning scratch spin from hook, Introduction to all edges, Moving forward inside and outside 3-turns, Forward moving mohawks, landing positions, Introduction to waltz jump from back crossovers
Free Skate 1
Scratch spin, Forward edges, half flip, waltz jump from back crossovers, back outside 3 turns.
Free Skate 2
Beginning back spin, Backward edges, Forward outside & inside spirals, waltz threes, waltz jump/ side toe hop/waltz jump, toe loop.
Free Skate 3
Crossovers in figure 8, waltz eight, swing rolls, back inside 3 turns, salchow, half lutz jump, waltz jump/toe loop combo, backspin.
Free Skate 4
Spiral Sequence, Forward power 3 turns, backward progressive chasse sequence, sit spin, loop jump, waltz jump/loop combo.
Free Skate 5
Backward outside 3 turns/Mohawk into back crossovers, spiral sequence, slide chasse/swing roll sequence, camel spin, change foot spin, loop/loop combo, flip jump, jump sequence.
Free Skate 6
Back crossovers to landing positions, 5 step Mohawk sequence, camel/sit spin combo, split jump, lutz jump, waltz jump: 1/2 loop—salchow, axel walkthrough.
Focuses on additional Axel recommended curriculum. For skaters who have passed Free Skate 6.
Jump & Spin-High
Advanced Jump and Spin Combinations, Double Jumps, IJS spin. Features advanced edge-work and footwork. For skaters who have passed Free Skate 6 and able to land an axel.
Edge, Power & Conditioning
For skaters in Pre-FreeSkate Advanced and above classes. This 15 minute class is combined with the FS level classes and incorporates Moves In The Field elements with power and endurance techniques. Focus areas include continuous flow with advanced power, turn executions and quickness during conditioning.
Pre-preliminary Dances and up. For skaters in Basic 6 or Adult 6 and above. Lower-level skaters may ask permission from the Learn to Skate Director.
Core Strength & Flexibility and Jump Class
Focused on core strength conditioning as well as the flexibility necessary to safely perform higher-level skating skills. Off-ice jump technique is a necessity for all skaters wanting to speed up the learning curve on new jumps, and create good habits and consistency in their on-ice jumping skills
Benefits While Enrolled (Included in Enrollment Price)
- Learn & hone skills quickly from a knowledgeable and experienced coaching team
- Configure a package of group skating lessons to match your needs
- Free admission and skate rental for the Public Session proceeding the Monday classes
- Free admission and skate rental for the Public Session following the Saturday classes
- Unlimited $7.00 Public skating sessions (a 50% SAVINGS!)
- Skater Reward Card – Skate 7 Paid Public sessions and get one free!
- Makeup Privileges (within a 4-week session) for 1 missed class
- 10% re-enrollment discount for consecutive re-enrollments
- Discounted entry fees for Skating Exhibitions
- Class Protocol
- On-ice and Off-ice classes are 30 minutes.
- The schedule is subject to change.
- Levels may be combined or canceled
- All classes and makeups must be completed by the end of the four-week session.
- The lessons purchased do not carry over to future four-week sessions.
- Freestyle and Specialty classes are structured on a four-week basis.
- Freestyle and Specialty classes will offer a four-week automatic re-enrollment program
- A 10% re-enrollment discount is built into the four-week re-enrollment program
- We strongly encourage skaters to have their own figure skates.
- Enrollment packages include On-Ice classes, Off-Ice classes, and Freestyle practice sessions, all of which are an important part of a Figure Skating Training Program.
- Skaters in Free Skate 1-6 classes will remain at their level until they have tested and passed
For more information or questions, please call 979-693-3900 or email our Figure Skating Director: firstname.lastname@example.org